Tattoos are more popular these days and more accepted, too, than they used to be. And the number of skilled tattoo artists who can work on you is also great. If you are not sure what kind of tattoo you would like to have, most tattoo parlors can show you books with many designs to choose from. In addition to the design, you also need to choose the part of your body that you would like to have your tattoo on. One particular part of your body is your wrist; it so happens that wrist tattoos are very popular.
If you do, however, wish to have a tattoo on your wrist, you need to take the following advice into consideration:
· More Pain: Getting a tattoo inked is going to involve some pain not matter what part of the body is involved. But it so happens that wrist tattoos are usually more painful than tattoos on any other part of the body. The reason for this is that the skin is thinner on your writs than anywhere else on your body. But on the positive side, tattoo on your wrists are small, so they don’t take long to ink them in. So even if the pain is worse, you won’t need to put up with it for long.
· Longer Healing Process: Unfortunately, it usually takes wrist tattoos to heal longer. The reason is that this part of your body is rather exposed, so it can take several weeks for a wrist tattoo to heal.
· May Need More Touch Up Work: Because wrists are rather exposed parts of your body, tattoos on your wrist may fade more quickly than on other parts of your body. This means that you may need to have them touched up than if they were on some less exposed part of the body.
· They Are Easy to Hide: Since wrist tattoos are easy to hide, this could be an advantage. A long-sleeve shirt will do the trick. Or even a watch or a bracelet can hide it. Depending on what kind of job you may be looking for, a wrist tattoo is a good option, provided you will remember to hide it.
· Cost is Reasonable: Since wrist tattoos tend to be small, they also cost less than those that go on other parts of your body. Larger and more colorful tattoos tend to cost more. Wrist tattoos are not only small, they usually don’t use many colors. One or two is usually all they take.
In any case, having a tattoo is great for your self-expression. And choosing the part of your body for a tattoo is as important as the shape or form of it. The place on your body will also determine its size. If you are interested in having a small and very discreet kind of tattoo, a wrist tattoo is a good bet for you.